With the look of a sporty compact and the cargo space of an SUV, the 2012 Toyota Matrix provides the perfect balance of looks and functionality.
The 2012 Matrix is offered in two trim styles: the L and the S.
2012 Toyota Matrix L
- 1.8 liter 4-cylinder DOHC engine delivers 132 horsepower, with 4-speed automatic or available 5-speed automatic transmission
- 26 miles per gallon city and 32 miles per gallon highway
- Integrated fog lamps, intermittent rear window wiper, daytime running lights
- Power windows, power door locks and front maplamps, roof-mounted AM/FM antenna, anti-slip rear cargo flooring and day/night rearview mirror
- CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability
2012 Toyota Matrix S
- 2.4 liter 4-cylinder engine, with 4-speed automatic with all-wheel drive, or available 5-speed automatic, transmission
- 21 miles per gallon city and 28 miles per gallon highway
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps, sport front and rear bumpers
- Sport fabric-trimmed front seats and tilt/telescopic sport steering wheel with metallic accents and audio controls, power door locks with shift-linked automatic locking feature, metallic interior trim, rear window defogger with timer and power windows
- Cargo area tonneau cover with clasp for under-floor stowage and multi-function remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, panic functions and remote illuminated entry
Standard Safety Features
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps, intermittent rear window wiper
- Star Safety System with Enhanced vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist and smart stop technology
- Six airbags, including driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver and front passenger seat-mount side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags
- Child-protector read door locks, energy-absorbing collapsible steering column, front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones with side-impact door beams, head-impact protection structure and high-tensile-strength steel body panels
- Tire pressure monitor system, daytime running lights and an engine immobilizer
The 2012 Toyota Matrix provides harmony: performance with low gas mileage, and huge cargo space in a not-too-huge ride.