Midsize Vehicle Comparison
2016 Chrysler 200 & 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vs. 2016 Toyota Camry & 2015 Toyota Prius
2016 Toyota Camry
2016 Chrysler 200
2015 Toyota Prius
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
If you’ve been looking for a midsize car in the Palm Beach area, there are a lot of different options out there. Have you considered the 2016 Toyota Camry? This family car delivers dependable performance and a well-rounded interior, and it continues to be a popular choice year in and year out. Drivers looking to save more on gas without compromising driving range, style, or dependability turn to the 2015 Toyota Prius.
Of course, there are other models out there, such as the 2016 Chrysler 200 and the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. Here, we’ve taken a closer look at each of these models to see how they compare across the spectrum.
Performance and Fuel Economy
Of all the models in the lineup, the 2015 Toyota Prius’s hybrid powertrain offers by are the best fuel economy:
- 2016 Chrysler 200: The Chrysler 200’s 2.4L four-cylinder engine gets a combined EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/highway. This machine makes 184 hp.
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu: The EPA estimates for the 2016 Chevy Malibu’s turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder engine aren’t yet in. This base engine only makes 163 hp.
- 2016 Toyota Camry: The Camry’s 2.5L four-cylinder engine gets EPA estimates of 28 mpg city/highway. This engine pumps out 178 hp.
- 2015 Toyota Prius: The 1.8L four-cylinder and electric motor hybrid in the Prius is able to get an EPA-estimated 50 mpg combined city/highway. The combined output of both power sources comes in at 134 hp
Passenger and Cargo Space
In general, these models offer similar proportions inside the cabin, though the 2016 Toyota Prius serves up the most cargo space, while the 2016 Toyota Camry offers the most room for passengers:
- 2016 Chrysler 200: There’s 16 cubic feet of cargo space in the Chrysler 200.
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu: This sedan offers 15.8 cubic feet of cargo room.
- 2016 Toyota Camry: The Camry’s trunk measures 15.4 cubic feet.
- 2015 Toyota Prius: Standard cargo volume on the Prius comes in at 21.6 cubic feet, while the folding backseat and hatchback format provide even more room when you need it.
These models all come in around the same general price point, though there is a degree of variability throughout. Here’s the starting MSRP for each model:
- 2016 Chrysler 200: $25,035
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu: $22,500
- 2016 Toyota Camry: $23,905
- 2015 Toyota Prius: $22,990
Find Out Which Midsize Car is Right for You
The 2016 Toyota Camry and the 2016 Toyota Prius are both on sale now at Earl Stewart Toyota, located near West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens at 1215 US-1 in Lake Park, FL. Pick out the trim level of your choice, and take both of these models for a test drive! We’re open seven days a week, and you can always contact us for more details.