The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime is surprisingly affordable for a sophisticated plug-in hybrid, and it’s also eligible for a $4,500 federal income tax credit. Here’s a look at pricing by trim level:
- Plus: MSRP from $27,100*
- Premium: MSRP from $28,800*
- Advanced: MSRP from $33,100*
Performance, Fuel Economy, and Charging
The biggest highlight for the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime is surely its impressively sophisticated plug-in hybrid powertrain. While other Toyota Prius models run on traditional hybrid powertrains that engage the electric motor and gasoline engine at the same time at all times, the Toyota Prius Prime’s plug-in hybrid system is able to be powered by the electric motor alone for extended periods of time.
The system includes a 1.8L inline-four, an electric motor setup, and an electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT). Altogether, this plug-in powertrain setup delivers a predicted class-leading 124 MPGe total and best-in-class 54 mpg combined city/highway when the gas engine is being used. Expect to be able to drive the Prius Prime on all-electric power for up to 25 miles, while the total driving range for this model is projected at an impressive 640 miles between fill ups. When using a 240-volt outlet, you should be able to charge the Prius Prime in just over two hours. Commute to Palm Beach Gardens or take a trip to Jupiter with very little or no gas at all!
The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime is a stylish hatchback that will surely stick out from the pack. It rides on stylish 15-inch alloy wheels with dual-toned aero covers and comes standard with LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED turn signals, and LED taillights with a unique and aggressive wrap around look that is truly one of a kind. This model’s body has been designed to maximize efficiency, featuring aerodynamic lines, a lightweight carbon fiber hatch, and an aluminum hood. You’ll have a range of exterior colors to choose from, including unique Titanium Glow and Blue Magnetism.
The interior of this hatchback will give you seating for up to five adult passengers as well as best-in-class available cargo room when you fold down the split folding rear bench seat. Front seat passengers will benefit from standard heated front seats, while an available heated steering wheel is great for winter nights. In addition to all of that, you’ll have access to technologies like an 11.6-inch HD touchscreen, an Eco Dashboard monitor, a Charge Station Map, a Remote Climate Control system, and a Vehicle Finder App that helps you out when you can’t remember where you parked.
Trims and Features
You’ll have the option of three different trim levels on the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime, each with plenty of appeal and lots of advanced features:
- Plus: Even the most basic version of the Toyota Prius Prime comes standard with premium features like a remote heating and air conditioning system, a rear center console, and a tire repair kit in case of an emergency. The Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) also comes standard and includes features like Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), a Pre-Collision System (PCS), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), and Auto High Beams (AHB). You’ll also get three years or roadside assistance included.
- Premium: The second trim level comes standard with SoftTex faux leather upholstery, a power adjustable driver’s seat, keyless entry, and push-button start. It also comes with a wireless phone charging station and an 11.6-inch touchscreen and infotainment system.
- Advanced: At the top of the trim ladder, the Advanced model gets you an array of high-tech features like Prius Prime Apps & Safety Connect, a HomeLink universal remote, Parking Assist, a head-up display, and a blind spot monitor. This model also comes standard with a 10-speaker JBL sound system, rain-sensing wipers, and LED fog lamps.
Increase Your Fuel Savings with the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime
Are you ready to experience the fuel-saving energy, head-turning style, and total connectivity of the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime? Then make your way to Earl Stewart Toyota, located at 1215 US-1 in Lake Park, FL. We look forward to helping you find the hybrid of your choice, and you can reach us with questions at any time.