A Great Place to Work
Earl Stewart Toyota is a great place to work! When people think about car dealerships, they probably don’t think about family, friendship, and camaraderie. However, these things are what you get at this special place.
We don’t need to brag about our employee benefits, because we know we’re far better than the industry at large. We don’t need to brag about how strong our compensation plans are for the same reason. We’d like to talk here about providing a place where an employee feels valued and understands they are part of a greater mission… remaking the car business.
Twice a year, we survey all employees with the following 12 questions. The answers we receive are what guides us in our never ending quest for improvement … Kaizen.
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
- In the last seven days, have I received praise or recognition for doing good work?
- Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission or purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the last six months, has somebody talked to me about my progress?
- This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?
Another step we have taken is to implement a true living wage for our entry level, hourly paid positions: $11.05/hour. We pay a significantly higher starting wage for positions that most business will only pay Florida’s $8.05 minimum wage. Our starting hourly rate is based on MIT’s living wage calculator for Palm Beach County, Florida 2015, and represents our belief that valuable employees should be paid a wage that makes a meaningful positive impact in their lives… not a government mandated minimum wage. Our living wage is, of course, just the starting point for a rewarding lifetime career.
We offer the standard benefits including 401(k) and health insurance, but we’re really proud of the things that we do that are pretty unique. We offer paid maternity and paternity leave. Vacation in the the first year of employment. Pet bereavement days. We have a health wellness program in which employees not only can win gift cards but help drive down their share of insurance premiums – our premiums are actually going down! Please check out some of the other good stuff in the links below…
Just a Few Things That Make Us Special