Subcompact Crossover Comparison
2016 Honda CR-V vs. 2016 Scion iM, 2015 Toyota Prius c & 2015 Toyota RAV4
2016 Honda CR-V
2016 Scion iM
2015 Toyota Prius
2015 Toyota RAV4
If you’re thinking about buying a subcompact vehicle with a hatch to give you extra room for storage, there are a lot of different options to choose from when you shop at Earl Stewart Toyota, beginning with the 2016 Toyota RAV4. Each of the models you’ll find here compare quite favorable with competition like the 2015 Honda CR-V, but there are an array of different benefits available depending on your priorities. Here, we’ve provided a closer look at each of the aforementioned models along with the 2016 Scion iM and the 2015 Toyota Prius C.
Each of these models comes somewhat comparably priced, but there are some better options for buyers on a budget like the Scion iM and Prius c:
- Honda CR-V: MSRP from $24,345
- Scion iM: MSRP from $19,255
- Toyota Prius c: MSRP from $20,783
- Toyota RAV4: MSRP from $24,580
Each of these models gets pretty good fuel economy, but those who really want to save on gas will want to go with the 2015 Prius c:
- Honda CR-V: The 2.4L four-cylinder engine that comes standard on the Honda CR-V gets an EPA-estimated 34 mpg highway and 27 mpg city.
- Scion iM: The Scion iM’s 1.8L four-cylinder engine gets EPA estimated of 36 mpg highway and 27 mpg city.
- Toyota Prius c: The electric motor and 1.5L four-cylinder hybrid powertrain on the Prius C achieves an outstanding 53 mpg highway and 46 mpg city, according to the EPA.
- Toyota RAV4: Go with the RAV4’s larger 2.5L four-cylinder engine and you’ll get an EPA-estimated 31 mpg highway and 24 mpg city.
Passenger and Cargo Space
Each of these models provides seating for up to five passengers. However, there are some differences in cargo capacity that will provide varying degrees of satisfaction depending on how you plan using your vehicle:
- Honda CR-V: The Honda CR-V provides 35.3 cubic feet of cargo room behind the back seats, while the total interior volume measures 141.3 cubic feet.
- Scion iM: The dedicated cargo area in the Scion iM measures 20.8 cubic feet. Passengers can expect a total interior volume of 111.2 cubic feet.
- Toyota Prius C: The smaller Toyota Prius C offers drivers and passengers 17.1 cubic feet of standard cargo space. While a bit smaller, the 104.5 cubic feet of passenger volume should still prove enough for most small families.
- Toyota RAV4: The RAV4’s cargo area is the largest of the group, measuring 38.4 cubic feet behind the back seats. Its total interior volume is quite spacious as well as 140.3 cubic feet.
Get a Closer Look at a Variety of Models at Earl Stewart Toyota
Each of these models that we have for sale at Earl Stewart Toyota is able to accommodate a variety of needs, but it’s important to decide which one is right for your lifestyle, budget, and driving needs. Stop by Earl Stewart Toyota at 1215 US-1 in Lake Park, FL near West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Jupiter. That way, you can chat with our sales specialists, browse at your leisure, and test drive the vehicle of your choice. If you have any questions before you come in, don’t hesitate to call us.