The Impressive Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
Palm Beach County drivers have to know: what is the towing capacity of the Toyota Tundra? At the high end of the Toyota Tundra towing capacity is a jaw-dropping 10,200 pounds, but even without a Toyota Tundra tow package, its payload capacity and trailering capability has no true rival. Take a closer look at the powerful systems, features like the 2020 Toyota Tundra tow mirrors, and the rest of the essentials with the Earl Stewart Toyota of North Palm Beach specialists.
What is the Towing Capacity of a Toyota Tundra?
Whether you want the maximum Toyota Tundra towing capacity of 10,200 pounds for everyday readiness at your West Palm Beach jobsite, or you only need it for weekend adventures, the Tundra is a favorite workhorse. See below for the systems that even without a Toyota Tundra tow package push the boundaries:
- The standard engine is an unmatched 5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8.
- DOHC 32-Valve Cylinder heads with Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS) Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
- Combined with 4-2-1 tubular stainless steel exhaust manifold, the Tundra engine wields its incredible 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque with precision, ease, and effortless cool around Palm Beach Gardens
- The 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmissionwith Intelligence (ECT-i) has a sequential shift mode along with uphill/downhill shift logic
- 5.7L V8 models add TOW/HAUL Mode
- Additional towing features include Available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC), Toyota Tundra tow mirrors and standard Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
With 10,200 pounds in towing capacity and a maximum payload of 1,730 pounds, the new Toyota Tundra can handle most anything the job requires. Taking a trip up north? Consider upgrading the standard Toyota Tundra tow mirrors up to heated power outside tow mirrors with integrated blind spot monitors, turn signal indicators, manual extension, and folding capabilities for the best in towing practicality.
The New Toyota Tundra Tow Package
To get the full answer to “What is the towing capacity of the Toyota Tundra?” we need to inspect the impressive 2020 Toyota Tundra tow package, necessary to reach that 10,200 pounds of max capacity. This includes a towing hitch receiver along with advanced:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC)
- Supplemental engine oil cooler
- Supplemental transmission cooler
- 170-amp alternator and 4-/7-pin connector
- 4.300 rear axle ratio
- TOW/HAUL Mode switch
- Heavy-duty battery
Get the Job Done Right with Earl Stewart Toyota of North Palm Beach!
Those who want the full range of their Toyota Tundra towing capacity can personalize and upgrade the head-turning factory Toyota Tundra with our Lake Park parts center experts. The Earl Stewart Toyota of North Palm Beach technicians can walk you through the specifics of any of our powerful trucks, whether it’s the 2020 Tundra or 2020 Tacoma. Our team is standing by to help you upgrade your workhorse – get in touch today!