Small SUV Comparison
2015 Toyota RAV4
2016 Nissan Rogue
2016 Mazda CX-5
Small crossover SUV shoppers in West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens have more choices than ever before. Many years ago, though, the Toyota RAV4 helped to define this segment, and the 2015 Toyota RAV4 is proof that experience counts for a lot. We’ve provided a closer look at the Toyota RAV4 alongside other popular small crossovers, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 and the 2016 Nissan Rogue. Take a closer look at these models and see which one best suits your desires.
If power is your number one priority, the 2015 Toyota RAV4 beats out the competition.
- 2015 Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 comes standard with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine that makes an impressive 176 hp.
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: The base engine on the Mazda CX-5 is a 2.5L four-cylinder engine as well, but it only makes 155 hp.
- 2016 Nissan Rogue: Rounding out the list is the Rogue, which has a 2.5L four-cylinder of its own that comes in under the RAV4 with 170 hp.
Each of these models gets lots of standard features, but there are a number of important areas where the 2015 RAV4 wins out:
- 2015 Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 comes standard with a six-speaker stereo system, privacy glass, voice-activated controls, a rearview camera, and even the base model is offered with optional satellite radio. Other options include a running board for easier loading, as well as a cargo area cover.
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: The base speaker system on the Mazda CX-5 only has four speakers. Additionally, it doesn’t even offer voice activated controls, privacy glass, a rearview camera, satellite radio, or running board as options on the base trim.
- 2016 Nissan Rogue: The Nissan Rogue only gets a four-speaker stereo system as well, and there’s not an option of a running board, voice-activated controls, or a cargo area cover on this base model’s base trim.
All three of these models offer up a spacious seating capacity for five passengers, but the 2015 Toyota RAV4 will better serve those with more cargo needs:
- 2015 Toyota RAV4: Behind the back seat, the Toyota RAV4’s cargo area measures 38.4 cubic feet. When you need it, though, this model opens up for a max cargo capacity of 73.4 cubic feet.
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: The dedicated cargo area behind the back seats has only 34.1 cubic feet of space, and the max cargo volume is only 64.8 cubic feet.
- 2016 Nissan Rogue: There’s only 32.0 cubic feet of cargo room behind the back seats of the Nissan Rogue, and the max cargo volume comes up short as well at 70.0 cubic feet.
Test Drive the 2015 Toyota RAV4 at Earl Stewart Toyota
Does it appear that the 2015 RAV4 is the best small crossover SUV for you? If so, then come check it out in person at Earl Stewart Toyota, your Toyota dealer near West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens at 1215 US-1 in Lake Park, FL. Come see us Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., or Saturday and Sunday until 6:00 p.m. If we can answer any questions for you, feel free to get in touch with our sale or finance teams.